All people living in the Pan Pacific region are able to enjoy their lives free from the fear, cost and pain of preventable injury and violence.
To improve networking and collaboration between Safe Communities in New Zealand, United States of America, Australia and Canada and, as determined appropriate by other nations, other countries geographically located in the Pan Pacific region.
- To provide a forum for collaboration and knowledge sharing between Safe Communities within the Pan Pacific region.
- To identify ways to strengthen the uptake of best-practice in injury prevention and safety promotion.
- To identify ways to strengthen the lead roles for Safe Communities within the Pan Pacific region.
- To continue to work collaboratively with the International Safe Community Network, the World Health Organization Department for Management of Noncommunicable Disease, Disability, Violence and Injury Prevention (NVI) and any other relevant Safe Community Networks.
The governance framework of the PPSCN is based on the following principles.
- Consensus orientation
- Effectiveness and efficiency
- Strategic vision